Friday, July 22, 2011

Teen Angst in Adult Formatting

Same Shit, Different Town

Bad decisions,
Lust, lies and broken hearts,
don't comprehend thousand mile journeys.
Hard lessons not learned,
Travel faster then,
Planes can fly.
Mistakes made a mile down
can't be fixed a mile up.
Escape was the right answer...
to the wrong riddle.
Baggage travels.



Rumors

Did I shave my legs for this?
A wanton desicration of hair
for the sake of shit
that never happened.
Cover up those blemishes
of imperfection
to create the image
of knowing what I'm doing.

Did I really shave my legs for this?
Sitting at a bar stool,
throwing 'em back
to smooth over social interations.
Talking about meaningless BS
making it sound important.

Why did I shave my legs for this?
Staring at a sterile ceiling,
one bed per person.
All the false artistry in the world
can't change the fact,
I WENT HOME ALONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment