Monday, July 18, 2011

Bad-luck and Misadventures in Life, Love and the Pursuit of Money in the Great State of Alaska

Let's see where to start?  My life has been in a constant state of disaster for a little over a year now.  This whole shit storm started when my then boyfriend of three years suddenly got his car fixed, moved out, told me to fuck off and found a new girlfriend (who is seven years my senior) all in a very miserable 24 hour period.    This whole fiasco left me sitting in a giant pile of WTF!?  As in WTF am I doing with my life?  WTF did I spend the last three years doing?  YTF am I in Fairbanks, AK the hemorrhoid on the ass of Alaska in the middle of March?  Who the fuck am I going to cuddle with at night?  These questions made me realize I had a whole lot of soul searching to do.
So far this soul searching has led to some interesting adventures, or rather misadventures.  Shortly after the ex split, I got fired from the job I had and moved back home to the beautiful cosmic hamlet by the sea known as Homer, AK.  Last summer was amazing and it healed the heart.  Maybe I will talk about it some other time.  Then in October, having run out of funds I went back to Fairbanks to do the only thing a respectable young women can do: Drive cab.  That was both good for the ego and the pocket book.  Around the end of March this year, having had enough of my roommates (another story for another time), I went back to Homer in search of a job that was actually in my field (fisheries). 
And that has led me here, to the City of Ketchikan a suburb of Seattle, a beautiful place that sold its soul to the cruise boat industry and sacrificed its true Alaskan identity in the process. 
So yeah, thats it so far.  Let the adventure continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment