Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Revolving Doors



Revolving doors are fun.  They're exciting.  They give you options that conventional doors don't. With a coventional door you can walk in or out, move forward or stay where you are.  Revolving doors let you spin around in circles for a while so you have time to deciede whether to go back the way you came or to change your scenery.  I personally usually prefer to move forward through the door (after a bit of fun in whimsy while running around in circles). I learn something about myself this way.  I don't regret things when that happens.
Unfortunately that is not what always happens.  Take my current case-study.  My not-a-boyfriend (as I affectionately refer to him when he isn't within hearing distance) is a commercial fisherman and more then a bit of a playboy.  I know better. However I have an irrating weakness for just that kind of man, and seeing as he's a foot taller then me, I just couldn't help myself.
Well...after two months or so of having fun when he was in port my drunk-self (not to be confused with sober self who is a whole hell of a lot smarter then this) had a moment of insecurity/open-mouth-insert-foot and blurted out mid-beer "So I'm just a convenient vagina right?"  Suprisingly the answer was "no."  Not surprisingly I got a text the next day that said, "We're getting to close. I'm not dating you."
To this I say "Namaste."  I know better.  You don't bring any relationship stuff into the mix with a fuck buddy.  You end up losing your fuck and your buddy.
This just means I get to walk back through the revolving door and run around and circles a bit longer.  Who knows maybe someday I will get to courage up to check out whats on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment