Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cleanin' up da ghetto

So yes, I live in the slums.  Which means my building looks...well slummy.  I accept this about the building.  So imagine my surprise when today my landlord decided that the building needed to be pressure washed.  I suspect this hasn't been done in years due to the amount of dirt and mold that flew off the building...and directly into my window.  Yes, that's right.  My window was open when all of this random cleaning was occurring.  After a long, hungover day of work I got to walk into the epicenter of gross.  I had about a 1/4 in of standing water on the floor and another 1/2 in of mold splattered all over the floor, the refrigerator,  the dresser, the walls and my curtains.
It was bad, even the dog was looking around like WTF!?  He started whining and crawled under the bed.  Don't blame him, I would have joined him if I thought I could get away with it.  Instead I got to clean the mess up.  The only thing my landlord said about it was "need a mop?"  Seriously!?  Why the fuck wouldn't you check to make sure peoples windows were closed before you started this venture.  Sure you got the outside of the building clear of mold and other general grossness, but now its all inside the building.  Doesn't really help the general appearance much does it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment